Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm a Knitter! I think.

I have been knitting for about a week and I have made great progress. I never did find classes that worked for me, although a yarn store in Alexandria may have some in October. Anyway, thanks to YouTube, I found a few videos that were easy to follow and made me confident enough to go out and buy some knitting supplies. I did some online research and most agreed not to spend a lot on yarn, needles, etc. So, I went to Walmart and bought size 8 bamboo needles and a purple ball of cotton yarn. Well....about the only thing I learned to do was cast on. I wanted to buy wool but the Walmart I went to didn't have any in stock. Big Mistake! The cotton was HARD to work with. It had no elasticity and got really fuzzy.






I never really made it past this point. I could cast on but doing a knit stitch was proving impossible. I was kinda frustrated but really felt like I just needed better yarn and bigger needles. So, this past Saturday, we went to Michael's and I got new yarn and size 10 needles.




This is Day One.....simple knit stitch.

This is Day Two.......I've got a few rows going. I think this could be a scarf for my niece. :-)

Here is the stuff that I got from Michael's. I think it was around $20. I got size 10 needles and found them easier to work with. I found a super easy instructional video on YouTube(she was actually teaching teenagers) and with the new supplies....I think I am on my way! Peace, Love, Knit!





No comments:

Post a Comment