Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mice....ugh!!!

Ok, we've had mice on and off since the summer. We put out the traps and glue sticks and that seemed to do the trick. For the past few weeks though, we have not been able to catch the mouse(mice) that we knew were in here. It was like they would go EVERYWHERE except where the traps were. Well....about 5:30 this morning, I heard hubby get up and go in my stepson's room. They were discussing something and I couldn't hear everything, but I heard the word mouse. About 15 min later, my hubby came back into our room and said that the mouse had been in there. So....of course, I can't sleep at that point. I just hate the thought of a critter roaming around my space. It gives me the heebie jeebies. Anyway, my stepson sends us a msg that says the mouse just ran out of his room. At this point we start watching the bottom of our bedroom door which has a space of about an inch at the bottom. Sure enough.....we see the little critter run into our room. It runs behind the clothes basket so we start poking the basket and it runs into the bathroom. Well...my hubby decides to trap it in the bathroom. We close the door and shove a towel under the bottom of the door so that it can't get out. Hubby at this point says that he's going back to sleep and he will deal with it later. So....since I know where the mouse is and know that it can't get out...I go to sleep too. Later that morning.....hubby caught it in a box and took it outside. Whew! I am relieved.....for now, because I know that for the one we caught....there's probably a bunch more. Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment